Between the communities of Hildale and Colorado City there are many parks in the area. As the communities have the capability to maintain additional parks and the community desire additional sites should be identified to avoid future overcrowding and provide greater access. Trails are also a priority that could be reviewed for connectivity as well as alternative modes of transportation.
Emerging Issues +
- The two communities have an ample amount of parks that need to be maintained.
- Locations of future parks should be located near high residential growth areas.
- ADA compliance of equipment should be viewed when replacing current equipment.
- Develop new parks and recreation facilities that support leisure activities for all residents.
- Improve the quality and safety in existing parks.
- Provide recreation options for equestrians, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
- Secure permanent public access to existing trails and open spaces to serve as the backbone of a future trail network.
- Provide recreation facilities that support residents’ health and welfare.